Experienced, professional, dedicated and caring – Dr. Amann brings over 25 years experience in providing patients with comprehensive, advanced, patient-friendly dental care. As a Master in the Academy of General Dentistry, she is dedicated to the pursuit of extensive ongoing post-graduate education in order to provide the highest quality, evidence-based dental and cosmetic dental care to her patients that enhances their quality of life.
Our practice is full of state-of-the-art equipment, and we are constantly updating our facilities in order to provide you with better service. Our operatory equipment utilizes the finest filtered, distilled water system for our equipment lines, avoiding any possible water contamination problems that might occur with the use of public water. We use only tooth-colored ceramic or composite, non-mercury containing restorations, contributing to a safer environment and healthier smiles. For those of you who require caps or crowns containing metal, our practice uses only precious, high noble metals. We use no base metals in our crowns, avoiding the possibility of metal allergies to patients with sensitivities to nickel and other base metals. We even offer metal-free partial dentures, with no metal clasps.
New advances in porcelain technology also allow us to offer ceramic, bonded, metal-free crowns and metal-free same-day permanent bonded ceramic onlays for optimum aesthetics and durability. Our mission statement centers on achieving quality of service and excellence in materials and design whenever possible. We believe that you deserve the very best for your smile and your continued dental and overall health.
In addition to providing top-quality treatments, Dr. Amann remains firmly committed to continuing education, attending lectures and participation coursework at least three to five times per year. She has accumulated over 1100 hours of continuing education credits in the past five years. As a dentist, she feels it is important to keep current and present to you the latest knowledge and alternatives available to enhance your health.
From our dental family to yours, we remain grateful for the opportunity to serve you and thank you for your continued confidence in our office. We look forward to seeing you again; your presence in our lives enriches our days with many good memories.
Dental care that will make you smile
To say it plainly: a better, more attractive, healthier smile makes for better health, longer life and a happier, more successful you – no matter in what stage of your life you find yourself. Creating a beautiful smile is not only important to your personal success in the business world, but more importantly, it affects your self-esteem and self-confidence, and your own health. A great smile is just plain good for you.
Smiling produces endorphins, natural bodily substances that help produce a mild, natural feeling of pleasure. Smiling produces a general sense of well-being, and can act as a stress reliever; a smile shows others that you are happy, friendly, approachable, and confident. Most importantly, a smile can be transmissible, and infectious. A great smile is one of the few things that we have control over in our personal lives.
So go ahead – smile!
A few tips on spreading smiles:
- Go to the closest mirror and smile at yourself! Research shows smiling will create a natural substance (endorphins) in your body that makes you feel better. Remember, smile and the world smiles with you.
- Whistle, hum, sing…It’s hard to feel bad while you are singing or humming your favorite tunes.
- Get some exercise. Physical activity is not only good for your body, but also your mind. Just 30 minutes of exercise each day will help keep you smiling for many years to come.
- If you’re feeling particularly blue, change the scenery. Go outside. If you are home, visit a friend, go for a walk, or even take some time to clean out that hall closet you’ve been meaning to organize for the past month. Focusing on someone, or something, else will make you feel better about you.
- Eat healthy with a diet full of fruits, vegetables, nuts, and legumes. Natural foods are both a healthy and delicious way to indulge.
- Play with your pet. Animals can be major stress relievers. Whether you’re throwing a stick for your dog, or watching your cat go after a toy with catnip, your furry friend will always be able to put a smile on your face.
- Read books that uplift and fulfill you. Books often have a way of helping you escape the day and slip into another world in another time. Reading books that are funny, spiritual, or good natured are sure to make you feel like smiling.
- Just smile. Yes, a simple smile for no reason will brighten your day, and the days of those around you.